Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation proudly offers mortgage loan products for active-duty military and veterans. A VA loan is a mortgage loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that is available to most U.S. service members. VA loans offer a loan guaranty benefit to help eligible veteran borrowers refinance or buy a home. VA loans do not require any monthly mortgage insurance included in the loan amount, and a veteran borrower could purchase a home without putting any money down.
To check your eligibility for a VA Loan, call us at 732-845-1991.
Advantages of a VA Home Loan
- You can buy a home with no money down.
- You can refinance for up to 100% of the value of your home.
- You never have to pay PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
- Sellers can pay your closing costs.
- VA Loans are usually easier to qualify for because the Government insures the loan so that there is much less risk to the lender.
- If you already have a VA Loan you might be eligible for a VA Streamline Refinance.
- Disabled Veterans may qualify for a waiver of the Funding Fee if they receive any disability payments from the VA or if they are considered to be at least 10% disabled.
- If you are active duty you can live almost for free because many times your allotted BAH can cover the mortgage payment. So you live almost for free while enjoying the tax benefits of homeownership.
Basic VA Home Loan Requirements
What can an New Jersey or Pennsylvania VA loan be used to buy?: Primary residence purchases only
Maximum Loan Amount: In New Jersey, the maximum loan limits are between $453,100 and $679,650 (depending on the county) for a single family home and in Pennsylvania, the limits are $453,100 in every county except Pike County which has a limit of $679,650.
Down Payment Requirement: 0% of the purchase price *
Available Loan Terms: 5yr or 7yr ARM, 15 and 30 year fixed mortgage
Is Monthly Mortgage Insurance Required?: No. This is a great advantage of VA Loans.
Are there property Eligibility Requirements: Yes. A home’s general condition is considered during a VA appraisal. VA Minimum Property Requirements or “MPR” are an important part of the VA loan process. One of our VA Loan Specialists can provide the current standards provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Income Eligibility Requirements: No minimum or maximum income limits but you are expected to have a stable, reliable income that can cover your monthly expenses, including the new mortgage payment.
Maximum Debt to Income Ratio: Contact a VA Loan Specialist at 732-845-1991 for the most up-to-date information on the debt to income ratios.
Are Seller Paid Closing Costs allowed: Yes. For a VA Loan, the seller may pay up to 4% of the purchase price towards closing costs.
Are gift funds allowed?: Yes. For VA Loans, a borrower may receive unlimited gift funds for a primary residence purchase
Get Pre-approved for a VA Mortgage Today
The Pinky Shah Mortgage Team specializes in VA loans in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We guide veterans through each step of the VA home loan process. Contact Our Team today to get started on your VA pre-approval.
Or start your pre-approval online here
*A down payment is required if the borrower does not have full VA Entitlement, or if the loan amount is greater than $424,100. VA loans subject to individual VA Entitlement amounts and eligibility, qualifying factors such as income and credit standards, and property limits.